WOW Woman of Worth Academy is a training and equipping Academy for women. Women will find encouragement, empowerment, inspiration and education in an environment conducive to learning and growth.
Our goal are simple:
- To make a difference in the lives of women around the world.
- Foster a belief in a woman's capacity to execute behaviors necessary to produce specific performance attainments in life.
- Give students a voice through forums, round table discussions and one on one sessions.
- Help build self-esteem and self-worth
- Empower women so that can empower other women.
- See women prosper mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially.
- Help women find their passion.
- Give women decision-making power in choosing WOW curriculum
- Help women address and overcome trauma.
- Empower women living in poverty to see beyond and rise above their current situation.
- Shut down negativity and build new mindsets.
- Support women-run businesses.
- Train and equipment aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Support organizations that empower women.
Changing the world,
one woman at a time.
- Dr. Jacquie Hadnot, Founder
Empowering Young Women with A Voice and A Choice
In a world that is often disconnected WOW Academy strives to build empowerment through connections by giving young women a voice and a choice.
Because young people often feel like they don't have a choice in the path life takes them, we believe that with the right motivation, they can realize and choose their path to success and prosperity. Through our various programs young women can see life from different perspectives and learn to make sound choices.
WOW Academy focuses on STUDENT EMPOWERMENT. In a world that is often disconnected, WOW Academy strives to build empowerment through connection by giving them a voice and a choice.
WOW Young Women's Empowerment includes learning, teaching and leadership in the WOW classroom. When students are given responsibilities it helps to shape their sense of responsibility.
Why is student empowerment important?
With WOW Academy students are able to build self-confidence, a sense of self-awareness, self-worth, gain the ability to solve problems and conflict resolution, learn to communicate their thoughts and feelings, and the ability to engage in issues occurring around them. When we empower young people, teachers, students and society in general benefits.
WOW Academy strives to empower high school girls in several ways:
- Give students a voice through forums.
- Empower young women living in poverty to see beyond their current situation.
- Help students find their passion.
- Give students decision-making power in choosing WOW curriculum.
- Help students get out of the sandbox of their environments.
- Encourage meaningful technology use in the classroom.
- Involve students in "real" issues.
- Teaching financial responsibility techniques such as budgeting, stock market etc.
- Vision Mapping for students with a desire for entrepreneurship.
- Goal Setting for the future.
How do we empower the students in our programs:
- Personalize lessons and make them relevant to the students life, environment and level of comprehension.
- Encourage healthy debate and expression of ideas and opinions.
- Brainstorm with students.
- Develop voice-strengthening exercises.
- Encourage freedom of speech
- Inspire participation instead of trying to force it.
- Promote leadership and explore different forms of it.
- Help students determine what they want in life and help them build a bridge to get there.
- Recognize progress and performance.
- Develop personal missions and create mission statements.
Other Ways We Empower Students:
- Hygiene Care Kits With Personal Care Items
- Clothing Vouchers and Gift Cards
- Essentials for the Unsheltered (Homeless)
- Funds for emergency needs.
WOW Academy in High Schools
ENROLLMENT BEGINS THIS FALL FOR IN PERSON AND ONLINE COURSES.
(WOW) Woman of Worth Academy
The Woman of Worth Academy is a single gender, public, learning environment with a private school feeling. Affectionately referred to as WOW,
WOW Academy for Women is a learning community for post high school women. It is a place to find encouragement, empowerment, and education.
The mission of the WOW Academy for High Schools is to create a community of lifelong learners, where students' intellectual interest and creativity is explored and nurtured, and their developmental needs as teenagers are met to their individual fulfilment.